Melissa's Speeches & Book Signings
Melissa Diane Smith is a leading nutrition speaker who gives presentations — often in conjunction
with book signings — for healthcare professional, natural food retailer, corporate, college and mainstream audiences.
She puts cutting-edge nutrition research into easy-to-understand terms and motivates audiences to regain or maintain
their health (or their patients' health) in easy ways with optimal nutrition. Her most requested speaking topics
- How to Make Food Your Best Medicine
- Go Against the Grain for Health!
- Eating for Optimal Health
- Going Against the Grain to Combat Obesity and Diabetes
- The Gluten-Free Diet: Food as Medicine
- It's Gluten Free but Is It Healthy?
- Food Just Ain’t What It Used to Be: The Unhealthy Truth about GMOs Hidden in Our Food
- How to Be a Savvy Non-GMO Shopper
She also can customize a nutrition topic specifically for any group, depending on its needs. And she often participates in book signings to bring attention and large crowds to organic, non-GMO, and gluten-free food vendor booths at various conferences.
A sampling of her speaking and/or book signing appearances include:
- Resist & Revitalize Our Communities Summit, Tucson, Arizona, November 2017
- Natural Grocers (natural foods supermarket) Grand Openings in Tucson, Arizona, in 2015 and 2016
- March Against Monsanto, Tucson, Arizona, May 2013
- Southern Arizona Celiac Support general quarterly meeting, January 2012
- Australasian Integrative Medicine Association conference (keynote speaker) in Auckland, New Zealand, May 2008
- American Association of Diabetes Educators Annual Conference, Los Angeles, California, August 2006
- The Third Annual "Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: The Perfect Endocrine Storm" Conference, Tucson, Arizona, April 2006
- 32nd Annual American Association of Physician Assistants Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada, June 2004
- Nutritional Pathways to Health and Healing Conference for First Nations (Native American) People, Edmonton, Canada, April 2004
- Regular guest speaker for health and nutrition classes, University of Phoenix, Tucson, Arizona, 2003 - 2005
- Ohio Physician Assistants Conference, Dayton, Ohio, October 2002
- American Association of Diabetes Educators Annual Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, August 2002
- Natural Products Expo West (natural products) Convention, Anaheim, California, March 2001
- Nutrition for Optimal Health Association special event, Chicago, Illinois, October 2000
To inquire about her speaking rates, availability and topics that would be right for your event or group, please email Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo courtesy of James F. Palka
|For media, conference planners or others seeking information about Melissa